Friday, July 27, 2012

Said YES to the Dress!

So to begin, I FINALLY found the pictures from the Inn where Trey proposed and since it is beautiful, I wanted to share!

The sign outside the inn
Two Meeting Street Inn-Charleston, SC
Trey also, among all the other surprises, had gorgeous flowers sitting on the bistro table on our balcony when we returned!
Starburst Lilies-One of my favorites!
Now, on to the good stuff! Today my mother and I went dress shopping! Upon meeting a girl at Affordable Bridal who was getting married in November, I felt like perhaps I was jumping the gun a bit! However, after shopping and hearing how long it takes for dresses to come in (4-6 MONTHS!) I realized that perhaps...I was okay! And well, let's face it...I was ready to make a decision on something, and this one only needed approval from me (and my mother...Thanks MOM!). So, like my ring, I went in with the idea for my perfect dress. I wanted a fit and flare, sweetheart neckline, with ruching and a little bling. I tried on a scoop neckline...nope. I tried on a dress with pick-ups....nope. I even tried on a dress that weighed what felt like 50 pounds...definitely not! Here's a few of the contenders...


This one weighed a million pounds!
Finally, when I thought I was spent and going to choose through one of these options...the adorable bridal consultant (there is something to be said about a wonderful bridal experience!) brought in one final option that initially I honestly wasn't crazy about. However, after adding a jeweled belt and a simple yet blingy veil...I. Was. Sold! Even my mother, who was also a bit skeptical, just loved it! I must've stood there in it for 20 minutes. Looking every which way, moving the train, bustling the train, looking at the back, trying on various belts...OH MY! Let me tell you, making that final decision when there were SO MANY beautiful dresses wasn't easy, but at the end of the day, I am THRILLED to finally have a my dress!

Now, if only it could come in so I can sit on my couch and just enjoy this wonderful dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment