Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Learning about the "Sandy Springs..."

After hours, yes HOURS, of looking, emailing, calling, etc. various venues...we finally went to visit one. Only one. And, quite frankly, not even one we were very excited about. Just being honest. However, I REFUSED to sit and look any longer. I felt like it was time to explore, engage, and become excited about a venue! So on Sunday, Trey and I ventured out to Heritage Green in Sandy Springs. If you care to take a look, like my mother did (love you Mom!), here's the site. http://www.heritagesandysprings.org/

Now mind you, the entire drive there we debated, talked firmly, discussed things we liked and didn't like, days of the week, even CENTER PIECES. Yes ladies, my man talked about center pieces! Even upon arrival we were still talking about which day of the week we want...Friday or Saturday.

So here I am, sweating, standing happily outside this venue discussing what we are hoping to get out of this visit....that let me remind you, neither one of us are sold on. When all of a sudden Trey asks, "How long are you thinking this is going to take?" Oh. No. Here we go. This is our first, yes FIRST venue and already I think he's complaining. I could not have been more wrong. (yes!)

As our host shows us around the venue, here comes Trey right up beside her with QUESTIONS! Not just one or two, but a ton! He actually seemed to like this place! So I went from thinking that ten minutes into the visit he would be tapping his watch, doing his famous "time to go Sarah" eyes, and checking his phone for the Braves score. Not the case! Ding! Lucky me! I'm pretty sure I was hustled by my fiance who simply faked a lack of enthusiasm while actually spending the wee hours of the night looking into "What to ask of Wedding Venues." Now, I'm not sure if he's actually done any research or if they were generally questions that he would've asked me had I gone alone on this visit (thank goodness he was there...I hate the 20 questions game when I get home.)

So, what I can take away from this visit...even if we won't be using it, is that I truly don't need to stress much about dragging Trey all over Georgia in hopes of finding that perfect location! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment