Saturday, October 20, 2012

A busy Columbus Day!

Okay, let me begin by saying, I realize this is about 2 weeks late. Turns out, life got busy! With that said, Trey and I spent Columbus Day (a furlough day for teachers) hashing out wedding details! So, let's start with the beginning...

Our day started at Judy's house. (Judy is Trey's aunt FYI...) Apparently, she is quite the little event planner (little did I know). So as she pulls out her wedding book, notes, bible...I immediately realize we are in for quite the morning! We discussed chairs, tables, linens, my dress, a bridesmaid dress, tuxes vs. suits, flower, centerpieces, food, drinks, cutlery, shoes, dress shops, my bouquet vs. the bridesmaid bouquet vs. Mom's bouquet, designs for the bride's room, designs for the groom's room, traveling in the morning, cakes, lawn games, and I'm sure there was more...but quite honestly, I can't even think of it at this moment. I will admit though, one of my favorite moments of this visit with Judy was shoe shopping in her closet! (Thank you for the Tori Burch shoes!)

After our productive visit, we headed up to Smithgall to review the ceremony location because as it turns out, the lovely field where we intended to host our ceremony...isn't flat. And while it's a GORGEOUS field, I simply do not have balance THAT good, and I'm prefer my guests were having to sit sideways as well. (You can thank me later!) On our way we stopped for lunch at CUPCAKES at Truelove Celebrations. Now, I must admit, our tasting with the caterer was wonderful, but the cupcake tasting was MUCH better! Trey and I each grabbed one of their homemade salads to sample (I chose the chicken salad...which if you are ever in Gainesville and nearby...try it. You won't be disappointed!) and 3...yes THREE, cupcakes. We sampled Pumpkin, Strawberry and Italian Cream. When I tell you amazing, I am not even exaggerating! We were in the car fighting over who got the last bite of each one! We enjoyed them so much, we got two more on the way home! (Thankfully, I've got 6 months til the wedding! Won't be having many more of those trips!) We ended up deciding on Key Lime and Italian Creme cupcakes with a strawberry cake for us to cut, while Trey's cake will be either the Spice or Pumpkin! I promise, if you don't love them, we aren't friends anymore! :) With that said, take a peek at their page and make a visit to Gainesville for some deliciously sweet indulgence! 
http://www.facebook.com/truelovebakery

On our way back from Smithgall, we ran by Lanier Tent rental to look into cupcake tiers, table, chairs, and linens. When I say "stuff is expensive," I mean, THIS JUNK IS EXPENSIVE! We were pleased with the individual cost of the chairs...until we realized that we needed 100! Thankfully, we aren't having many tables (and in turn, many linens) because once again...that stuff is EXPENSIVE! Now, with that said, we aren't renting a ton of stuff, so it's not going to be outrageous, but we talked with them about a recent wedding at Smithgall Woods where the couple rented $11,000 worth of stuff! ELEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS PEOPLE! That's simply out of control! We...welp, we're going for under a grand! Woo Hoo!! We were very pleased with the company and they had exactly what we wanted! Check that off the list!

We ended our day at Christopher's Bridal and Tuxedo Rentals. My favorite part of this shop was the shoe section! If you buy shoes from Christopher, he will dye them for FREE! CHA-CHING! Now, the trick is finding shoes that I LOVE! (That's being saved for another shopping adventure with Mom!) We were able to get some great ideas for Trey, the groomsman, and the man of honor! I can't wait to go shopping with them, because let's face it...this is simply not like my dress shopping. I get a say in what those men wear! :) 

After a busy, exhausting, exciting day, we headed home feeling very accomplished and productive! I continue to hope that the rest of our planning goes as easily as these first several months!

1 comment:

  1. Just a fabulous share. I too have been making a list of the best wedding venues in Bali. Actually we want a small family destination wedding ceremony but we are not able to decide on the venue as all of them are so pretty. Does anyone here have recommendations?

    ReplyDelete