Thursday, August 30, 2012

Headed to an AA Meeting...

And by AA...I don't mean Alcoholics Anonymous, but rather a meeting with Mrs. Amy Arrington (Truelove!) Last night Trey and I hiked our happy butts up to Gainesville (at 5pm mind you) to meet with Amy and her husband regarding photography for our wedding!

I, personally, was so thrilled to once again be back on the Wedding Planning Train, after a multiple week sabatical where school took over my life. I had emailed SEVERAL photographers, looked at a million blogs, and truly spent entirely too long on this decision. So when Trey's aunt mentioned this lady out of North Georgia (woo hoo!) who was our age...I was on board! And then, upon talking to Amy over email, I was really won over! I had received so many of the "standard" email stating congrats on our engagement, pricing, willingness to meet, etc. Quite frankly, I don't blame them! I'm sure emails are a dime a dozen in that industry. Actually, I could be wrong, maybe they aren't. Turns out...I don't know much about making a living being a photographer. ANYWAY...I really got a good feeling about her, but felt like things were just too easy.

So, finally, I took the leap, decided it was time to make a decision, and set up an appointment (after consulting my partner in crime on his schedule...which I already knew because he fails to have any concept of weekly planning!) Upon discussing this plan, Trey asks me roughly how long I think this meeting will take....my answer: 30-45 minutes. I couldn't have been more wrong!

As Wednesday arrives, I am wiggling with excitement and running around like a mad woman trying to ensure that as soon as the last kid is out of the office, my happy butt is in the car on the way to Gainesville! Welp, OF COURSE, not only did we have 1 child come back on the bus, but we also had 4...FOUR...who were not picked up in car riders! UGH! Thankfully, after making multiple phone calls, and hiding my rising worry, I was released to go!

Let me just say that 85 was my friend that day as I drove under the speed limit to get home, where my happy fiance was waiting patiently. When we arrived at Atlanta Bread Company (great meeting spot...even if we didn't eat), we immediately started talking! I think Trey even became more excited than I did! Not only did we get to share our ideas, but they were able to share some of their own and wisdom that we newbies simply don't have. As the evening went on, our conversation changed from wedding to personal lives to pets (for a long time....those of you who know us know we LOVE our pets and could talk about them at lengths longer than the average person cares to listen!) and even to travel and plans of places to visit. I'll be honest, at one point I almost told Trey to hush so someone else could talk! (I think he was a little excited!) My theory on a 30-45 minutes meeting was way off! Turns out, at the end of the day we were there for almost 3 and a half hours! At that point, not only had we invested quite a bit of time, but we were both sold! We loved their work, they seemed to truly understand the non-traditional look we were going for, and we spent 3 and a half hours talking to them! That's just nuts!

So with that said, we've now covered.....dress...venue...photographer! Next up, caterer!

In the mean time, take a look at Amy's blog! She is just wonderful!

Amy Arrington Photography


1 comment: